Wednesday 4 May 2011

Looking for Adventure

I am into hiking and kayaking, in conventional and some rather non conventional ways, always looking for the next adventure, mainly in Ontario, Canada, but also elsewhere when I can get a chance.  Hitting the trail or the water is one of my favorite pastimes, and I spend most of my unfortunately short vacation time.  I am also into outdoor photography, both to document places and adventures, and for appreciating the beauty of nature.

I started this blog partly as a journal for myself, but also to put into words my thoughts.  I found that there is little information around on not only some trip locations that are off the beaten path, but for others that are popular.  Many gear reviews are also superfical and don't test things to their extremes, the way I tend to use them.  I have learned things from my experiences from sometimes hard lessons on rather trails and water, and as I said some trips are rather unconventional and people may learn from my experiences, so I wanted to document them.
So, this blog is also informational, hopefully you may find some things either entertaining or it will give you some tips and tricks, give you new ideas about trips and some real info. on real gear.  I also post trips logs, photos and videos to my Everytrail, Flickr sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment