Saturday 5 January 2013

ArcTeryx Bolt AR Glove Review

     I still don't get Arcteryx naming system...  chock full of acronyms that mean something to the people that design the clothes but means nothing to everyone else, resulting in non-memorable names that are easily confused: Alpha, Beta, Zenta, Delta, Cam, Venta, SV, AR, MX...  do those mean anything to you?  I thought not.
     Anyways, I decided to write a blog post on my Bolt AR gloves.   I just looked up Arcteryx's website, and it looks like they don't sell them anymore.  But, I think they're great.  With these gloves, as with other things Arcteryx makes, they paid close attention to the fit to ensure maximum articulation and natural comfort.  These cloves are sewn curved in a natural state, not flat like may gloves, to produce gloves that are very comfortable when gripping things such as ski poles, steering wheels etc.  The Bolt AR glove has softshell material in the back for stretchyness, insulation and breathablilty.  These gloves are great for high aerobic winter activities, around town, and times when the temperature is close to freezing.  They are dressy enough to be casual wear for going out as well.  The leather palms are supple, grippy and have better dexterity than any other glove I have ever used with similar warmth.  For colder situations I use different gloves but in general, these ones get a lot of usage in the winter...  which is why I am surprised they don't make them any more - I am just glad I got a pair!


No comments:

Post a Comment