Tuesday 6 August 2013

Vitamin B Patches - Insect Repellent?

  I hate to reiterate what I have said in a previous post, but I also hate when people sell snake oil products which don't do anything of what they claim and make money off of people with it.  Scientific research has shown with several studies that Vitamin B patches have no effect on repelling mosquitos, yet patches are still being widely sold in Canada and the US, and they aren't cheap either.  Patches such as Insect Defend in Canada, and mosquito Patch in the US list Vitamin B as their main ingredient.
    I tested a brand of patch out myself in Algonquin Park in June, and it didn't do sweet effée for me.  By that I mean sweet F.A.  By that I mean it didn't do fuck all for me.  I was still completely covered with mosquitoes sinking their proboscises into my skin every couple seconds.  And it makes your sweat stink to boot.

Read some more info on these links to references and you be the judge.  To me this is hard evidence and it is obvious that these things do nothing to repel mosquitoes:

http://acenutrients.com/insectrepellantsmadewithvitaminb1/

http://bit.ly/19LVITx



I am glad some scientific testing has been done to prove some of these so-called mosquito repellents do not work.

No comments:

Post a Comment