Monday 21 October 2013

Sony VCT-HM1 Action Cam Handlebar Mount Review

I'll let the video speak for itself for the most part, but here's a summary:
     I just got a Sony Action Cam HDR-AS30V last week and took it for a spin today on my cross country mountain bike with Sony's VCT-HM1 handlebar mount accessory.  To cut to the chase, the handlebar mount is horrible.  It exaggerates and induces much more shake than if it was firmly fixed to the mountain bike, due to the articulation joint and the flexible plastic.  Not only that, it adds noise from the plastic parts shaking..  and it costs $30 to boot.  For that price, it should be rock solid and perform stellar, but it doesn't.
     I suggest you stay away from this mount at all costs  It's like throwing your money away.  I don't think I will ever be using this mount again.

No comments:

Post a Comment