Sunday 12 June 2016

High Peaks and Back


I just got back from the High Peaks region of the Adirondacks.  I visited Lake Placid for a day and then headed to the Adirondack Loj and Wilderness Campground.  An amazing place, excellent for launching on a backcountry hike, as the trailheads are right there.  A last minute decision on the route had me going over Algonquin Peak the first day, I stayed at Opalescent River lean-to the first night, then over Mount Marcy from the Four Corners, over Little Haystack and on to the amazing, new Bushnell Creek #2 lean-to for a cold night, then out back to the Loj the day after. 
It was a great rip and it gave me a chance to builkd up my legs for Iceland, as well as test out a whole bunch of new gear.
There'll be some good reviews I'll write up soon with loyts of new gear I tested out!

No comments:

Post a Comment